Thursday 19 May 2011

Molly Goodall Owner of littlegoodall on Etsy


When I was in third grade, I wanted a trampoline for Christmas. My cautious parents went to discuss this with our pediatrician, who put the brakes on the trampoline idea, so I got a sewing machine instead. A brand new Kenmore 10 Stitch. So I started to design and sew. 

In 1997 I earned my Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Parsons School of Design in New York, where my focus was on children’s wear. I loved every minute at Parsons, and learned lots at my internships at Isaac Mizrahi, Hirsch-Brodie Tailors, and Liz Claiborne. I also learned that while I loved to design and create, I did not love the fashion industry, where an ever hungry financial beast demanded new styles every season made ever more cheaply. I believe in slow design, and slow art. I am not really a “fast” person. I like to have my hands on what I create. Ideally, I think things should be timeless, and beautifully made, and if well designed and beautifully made, should remain serviceable in your wardrobe forever.

Principles aside, a girl’s gotta eat, so I took a job at the amazing Tonner Doll Company. Now, eight years later, I find myself married to a charming English husband, and we have a 2 year old son. I am a stay at home mom/artist, and in dusting off my Kenmore 10 Stitch to sew for my boy I rediscovered all that I loved about children’s wear in college. Etsy is my platform to share this with you! I like to mix the classic with the whimsical, using beautiful fabrics and durable tailoring, and I strive to bring out the individual in each child with my designs.












No comments:

Post a Comment